Stewart on Provincial Offences Procedure in Ontario, 3rd ed.
by Sheilagh Stewart, LL.B
NEW! Earlscourt Legal Press announces the Third Edition of Stewart on Provincial Offences Procedure in Ontario by Sheilagh Stewart, of the Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General. This new edition is fully updated and expanded, with an encyclopaedic treatment of this expanding area of the law. The text canvasses the recent amendments made by the Good Government Act, 2009 and is a thorough and comprehensive treatment of the law on provincial offences, including the Contraventions Act. An indispensable resource for everyone involved in provincial offence matters, including the judiciary, members of the legal profession, regulatory agencies and governments.
Stewart on Provincial Offences Procedure in Ontario, 3rd ed. is the definitive text on this area of the law, and provides comprehensive analysis of the following issues:
- Commencement of Proceedings by Certificate of Offence
- Parking Infractions
- Commencement of Proceedings by Information
- Trials and Other Hearings
- Consequences of Conviction
- Appeals and Reviews
- Municipal Transfer Agreements
- Contraventions and Other Federal Offences
* Cover photo courtesy of the Law Society of Upper Canada